March 13, 2021
Englishtown Raceway Park
What better way to kick start the season than with clinic? This will be a perfect day for new drivers and dudes that are struggling to get everything to click at events.
Open to C group drivers ONLY. If you’ve never driven before, you’re considered C group.
Registration will be limited so don’t wait to sign up. This will be a smaller group so that everyone can get the seat time and instruction that they need.
This is NOT a spectator event. So don’t plan on bringing your old lady or your buddy or anything like that. Just bring yourself, your car, a big stack of tires and a desire to shred.
Health and Safety Guidelines
Similar health and safety regulations that are being used everywhere, will be in place at all times during the event.
These are the guidelines for everyone who will be attending the event. If you do not follow these guidelines, you will be asked to leave without refund. These are to keep everyone safe, so don’t screw it up for everyone else.
- Social distancing whenever possible – we are loosening things up but that doesn’t mean that you can bunch up in large groups in the pits or stands
- Wear a mask when you’re in close contact with other people – so when you get to the track to check in, when you come through tech, when we do drivers meeting, when you go to the bathroom, please put on a mask for everyone’s benefit. All other times, you don’t need it but are free to wear one if you want.
- Face coverings are required when social distancing is not possible.
- No touching – you might be comfortable but other people might not be, so hugs, high fives, wedgies, etc should be saved for later
- Wash your hands, like actually wash your hands and do it more often than normal
- No viruses allowed – so if you’re sick, any kind of sick, don’t come, if you’ve been in contact recently with someone who has the virus, don’t come, if you even think something is wrong, don’t come, just stick it out a little longer and come back when you’re feeling great
Rules and car set up tips
Cars and drivers must pass tech. You need to make sure you have a legal helmet, all the safety gear and everything else required in the rulebook to drive an event. The rules can be found here:
If you have questions about the rulebook, EMAIL US.
Along with just passing tech, we want you guys to spend the time driving and not fighting with you car. So make sure to do the following things before showing up:
- Alignment – Ask if you need help with specs but you need to get a good alignment before driving. BC Tire is part of our Support Team and will take care of your tire and alignment needs. You don’t have to go there but you need to get an actual alignment, not something you and your buddy did in a gravel driveway on a hill after watching a youtube video about how to string a car.
- Working e-brake – doesn’t have to be a hydro, can be stock. If it is a hydro, it should be a dual caliper setup. Tons of companies make brackets for the handle and for the second caliper in a relatively affordable setup.
- Motor runs well – doesn’t need to make a ton of power but should be able to run for a while without overheating or breaking up or having any other problems. Making good power consistently is way better than higher peak numbers with nothing in the middle. Look at most of the staff cars, they’re stock SRs or 1JZs with the boost turned up a couple pounds. No need for anything crazy.
- Seat and steering wheel setup are highly recommended. There’s some good, affordable options out there for both. These are the parts that you touch in the car and will make you feel a lot more comfortable than a busted up stock seat and a ripped wheel. A passenger seat is also a good idea to have for clinic. Our instructors will get in the car with you and be able to help you out if you have a seat for them. Also good for when we drive your car and you can watch. Not required but highly recommended.
- Helmet – said it already, don’t show up with a beat up old helmet that doesn’t meet our 5 year rule. Or a motorcycle helmet. Get something decent and you will appreciate it. You’re going to be in the car for a while, so you’re cheap, no padding helmet that gives you a headache after 5 minutes will make you hate life.
- Wheels and tires – size these for your power and your setup. You’re not making 500hp, so shouldn’t show up with 265s on 18s. Take into account the overall size and how it affects your gearing. If you can afford it, and with tires as cheap as they are now you should, get new tires. Used tires will work at first but you’re going to love the consistency that you can have with new tires. If you have to get used, at least get similar sized.
8:00 Gates Open (be at the track by 8:30 at the latest)
8:30 Tech and staff constructively criticizing cars.
9:30 Drivers Meeting
10:00 until 5PM – track walk, road course stuff, drifting stuff, etc
5PM – Go home and process what you have learned.
This event is for C group drivers and brand new beginners.
Space is limited and this will fill up quickly.
It is $160 to drive.
Use the button below to register to drive. Make sure to include all required information. Registration is open from now until it is full. Any issues with payment email Club Loose.
Because this is a clinic and space is limited, the cancellation rules are different for this event. If you cannot make the clinic, you need to notify us by email no later than Monday, March 8th at noon. Registration can be transferred to another event. Registration can be refunded but there is a 5% fee for refunds requested more than 24 hours after payment. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. After March 8th at noon, there is nothing that we can do and you will forfeit your registration payment.
If you DO NOT follow the guidelines listed above to cancel and DO NOT show up to the event, you WILL NOT be refunded.
If this fills up quickly and you missed out, there will be a wait list. If anyone who purchased a spot cannot make it and cancels, the available spot will be offered to the next person on the list. So if the Paypal link above says it’s sold out, then use the link below to put yourself on the wait list.
Clinic Wait List Form
If you have any questions, please contact Club Loose.
See you dudes soon!